Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bloody Mary - Black Pearl




Until now, I viewed Louderbach's beautiful album, Autumn, as the most magnificent album this year. I changed my mind. Bloody Mary's first LP released a few days ago on Contexterrior (Germany-based label run by genious Jay Haze) just had its bewitching world and rugged scenery unfold before me. Her music and me, I guess it's some kind of love-at-first-listening. Really.

Don't get me wrong : Autumn still is a piece of art to me. But Marjorie Migliaccio, a.k.a. Bloody Mary just depicts the beauty of darkness and melancholy with a terribly accurate sensibility. No wonder why she claims to be inspired by Charles Baudelaire's works...

There's not much to say about the details; by describing or analyzing each track of this perfect album I'd do nothing but draft an article on how this whole piece is giving me thrills and cold sweat.

Just be aware that whether she explores the shores of minimal, electronica or ambient, there's always this a fragile but intense organic swell... As if your heartbeat chanted the prayer of its most buried feelings.

The record is called Black Pearl, by the way, and here's a video of the eponymous tune.


4 comments:

Jibou said...

oh, and you can buy the album (amongst other websites) there :
https://www.beatport.com/fr-FR/html/content/release/detail/177104/Black%20Pearl

Anonymous said...

I received the 12" including a Sascha Funke rework you don't get with the Album format. This rework is excellent & I really like to spin it.

Jibou said...

There's also the Black Pearl remix you're talking about when you buy the album on Beatport (as well as Jay Haze's). I don't know, however, about the CD version of the album.

And yeah, that's a nice rework, using the meditative side of the tune rather than kind of tribal minimal beat... and the sound textures are amazing on this version by Sascha Funke.

Debector: said...

j'adore, je connaissais l'artiste, pas ce track, merci.